Wednesday, May 22, 2013


May 2013



Dear friends,
Thank you for praying for us and for the things that God is doing in the universities here in Mexico.  We are very excited about the things that have been happening since our national student conference last month.  We have seen the students taking more initiative in sharing their faith with their friends as well as taking ownership to lead the movements on their campuses. 
Few weeks ago I had the opportunity to travel to Ecuador along with other CRU staff from Latin America and the Caribbean for our final of 5 leadership trainings in our areas.   It was an incredible time to hear about how God is working throughout the continent. 
I would also like to share that I have been accepted into the program for a certificate in Christian Ministry with the Birmingham Theological Seminary in Alabama.  It is a one year program, and I am very grateful for the opportunity for personal and ministerial growth.  Please pray for me that I would be able to give my best especially since the entire program is in English, as well as that I would be able to learn a lot and apply to my life what I am learning.
On the home front we’ve had a few difficult weeks after the student conference.  Leah was sick with another virus for about 2 weeks.  She recovered from the virus and did well for about a month.  Liz and Leah returned from a trip to the U.S. and Leah got sick again.  Our doctor ordered blood, urine, and poop samples to investigate further why Leah keeps getting sick so often.  A few things in her blood tests were out of range and we are going to repeat her blood tests again to see if there are any improvements in the tests when she is feeling well.  We ask that you continue to pray for Leah’s health and for wisdom for her doctor.  We are happy to share that last few days Leah has been feeling very well and is laughing, singing, playing, and eating well. 
Liz is now in her 28th week and in her last trimester of pregnancy.   Leah likes to rub her belly and give her little brother hugs.  We are all excited to meet our little boy in just a few months.  We still don’t have a name picked out, but will be happy to share this information once we know ourselves.
Thank you for your partnership with us in reaching university students with the message of the Gospel, and for praying for us and investing in our lives.  We are grateful to have such a supportive team of people alongside us in the call that God has given us.
Prayer requests:
-That God would continue to use student leaders in on their universities to reach more students with the Gospel of Christ.
-For good health for Liz and the baby, that the pregnancy would continue to go well and that the baby continues to grow healthy and strong.
-For good health for Leah and wisdom for her doctor in determining why she keeps getting sick.
Luis, Elizabeth & Leah Pomares

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi there! I have a quick question about your blog! My name is Heather and if you could email me back at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!