Last week I visited Fernando and Nancy, a husband-and-wife team of volunteers with the student movement in Xalapa, Veracruz. I met Fernando 9 years ago at Veracruz State University, where he and I studied our undergraduate degrees. When he got involved with the ministry, I had the opportunity to disciple him and some other students at the law school campus.
After participating for a few years, Fernando and his wife Nancy have become the principal leaders of the university movement in Xalapa. They have a 3-year-old son together. He works as a lawyer and she is a preschool teacher. Every Wednesday they have their weekly meeting with the group of students at the Law School campus, and this week, I got to present about “The five stages of a relationship.” The students definitely enjoyed our discussion and participated very enthusiastically.
Fernando and Nancy are in the process of becoming full-time staff members for Campus CRU, and although it is an enormous challenge for them to raise their support, they are trusting that God will provide everything that is needed. You can see Fernando, Nancy, and their little son Fernandito. The other picture shows the students meeting at the law school campus.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment